Tuesday, March 21, 2006

When Will it REALLY be Spring?

So, it's the first full day of Spring and I'm sitting here wrapped in a blanket with my fuzzy slippers on my feet. Somehow this does not seem right. Weather report says a high of 38° today. Ugghh. Don't get me wrong, though...I understand that the warm weather doesn't start just because it is officially Spring. I know this but I don't like it. Perhaps I should have started my post with "I can't wait for warmer weather"...it may have set a better tone, but I'm not changing it now.

I'm considering looking into hibernation as an option for the future winters. However, I wouldn't need a cave...just my bed will do. I could keep some water and pretzels at my bedside just in case. I still haven't worked out the details of how I will continue to make money though. Any suggestions?

What makes it that much worse though, is that my parents are away for the week in sunny, beautiful, warm, spring-like, Fort Lauderdale where they are visiting my grandparents. I may have been there too if it weren't for Kelli needing someone to stay with her since she can't take off from school. She's got "Senioritis" and I've got warm-weather envy, so we're both being bitter together. You'd be bitter too if you had to get phone calls that embellish the warm sunshine, pool parties, breakfasts out on the lanai, 4:00 cocktails, walks on the beach, and bocci ball playing. These phone calls always end with a plethora of promises of sending the warm weather up North.

Yeah...that's gonna happen.


No comments: