Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Goodbye Bette, Hello Suzanne...

So, I just finished reading the book Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger; it was a book I chose to read after hearing Alicia rave about it. I loved it, by the way...thanks for the suggestion, Aleesh.

Recently, my book club has started up again and we are reading Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas by James Patterson, as you can see listed in my sidebar.

Here's the thing though...as I finished the last page of Everyone last night, I felt a little sad that I was done with it. I can't say that I feel that way about every book that I've read, but Weisberger's character description and writing style hooked me. It was as if I had gotten to know the characters (in particular the main character, Bette) so well that I was, in a sense, "lost" in the storyline...well, maybe "immersed" is a better word. I want to know what happens to Bette next! I'm not ready to say goodbye yet!

Have you ever felt the same way about a book? I'm really not crazy, I swear...although Kelli will probably tell me I'm a nerd...that I can handle.

No comments: