Friday, February 24, 2006

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

So if you've been reading my blog lately, you'd remember I added the Stickam feature. I've already talked to quite a few of you, my friends, while live on my webcam. I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone played a joke on me. And, tonight, it finally happened.

See, someone logged on to chat with the initials "E.V." which, at first, was a huge tipoff that it was probably a person I knew...it had to be someone who knew I'd pick up E.V. = Eddie Vedder. So, okay, I decided to play along and try to quiz the person to see if I could pick up any clues. With the amount of Pearl Jam knowledge this person had, I had it narrowed down to Patrick, Tim, & Keith. One of the things "E.V." said was that it was "such a cold and windy night"...which is what it's been like here tonight...so at that point I figured it had to be someone I knew...because, as I told Mr. E.V., "winter may not be the same where I live, so how do you really know?" ...but "E.V." kept up the charade anyway.


At one point, "E.V." told me his name was actually Carl from Nyack, NY. Then, I genuinely started to feel bad because I was accusing him of being someone I knew, even though he said he wasn't. So, I let it go for awhile and just chatted in a friendly manner, mostly about Pearl Jam (still very skeptical, mind you). I even went so far to explain my skepticism to E.V., er, Carl, because I told him I had to be wary of friends who would play a joke on me. Carl then told me he had to go because he had to get up early for a flight to Denver in the morning. A few minutes later, I got a call on my cell from none other than PATRICK..."Carl" had finally revealed himself. Darn you, Patrick...I will get you back...someday.


No comments: