Sunday, February 26, 2006

I Am So Good

Occasionally, I need to brag just a little. This morning, I was in the car with my parents and sister on the way home from breakfast with some other family. We were listening to Breakfast With the Beatles, a 2-hour radio show every Sunday from 9-11 a.m. As we got into the car to leave breakfast, we happened to catch the very last song of the program, a solo acoustic recording of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." When the song was over, my dad said, "You know, that's not his song." I said, "Who? George Harrison? Yes it is his song, from the White Album, only this is an acoustic recording." My dad then replies, "Yes, that's George's song, but I meant that was John Lennon singing that version of it." To that, I said, "No, Dad, that is GEORGE!...That was not John...John has a more nasally voice!" So, we went back and forth on this a little bit. He insisted it was John and I insisted on George, and we left it at that. So later on, I got the idea to email the DJ to clear it up, because I knew I was right. Lo and behold, I already got a reply from the DJ not long ago. And all I can say is I AM SO GOOD. I was right...as per the DJ's reply, it was "Take 1, as performed by George." YESSSSSSS.

No comments: