Thursday, November 15, 2007

Nirvana Unplugged DVD

Nirvana's Unplugged in New York is finally getting released on DVD after almost 14 years.

This performance was recorded for MTV in December 1993, just 4 months before Kurt Cobain's death. I've had the CD since it's release back in November 1994. Every time I've listened to it, though, I've gotten a very sad and eerie feeling, and I'm sure the DVD will do much the same thing. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to buying the DVD anyway, as it is, in my opinion, one of Nirvana's best live performances.

I'll always remember a certain haunting camera shot of Kurt, where he looked up from his guitar...his blue eyes were piercing as he stared off into his own thoughts. Thinking back on that, it has always left me unsettled, as if he knew of things to come.

No comments: