Monday, October 22, 2007

Mad Skills

Apparently, my family and friends have caught on to the fact that I like to cook and bake. So every once in awhile I receive homemakerish type gifts. For example, for my last birthday, my sister Erin bought me an ice cream maker. This one, to be exact. This summer, I used to it to make a Vanilla Custard Ice Cream...it was delightful...so delightful, in fact, that my cousin told me that I had to make it every weekend from then on. My next attempt at ice cream will probably be for Thanksgiving next month. Erin would like to see, er eat, the fruits of her gift to me, so she has requested that I make a Pumpkin Ice Cream. So, I found this recipe on my beloved Food Network website.....sounds yummy, so I'll give it a go.

In addition, I have inherited the job of making my Grandmother's cole slaw for Thanksgiving (as well as for any other holiday or picnic it's requested), which I have been doing for the last few years now. I call it "Grammy's Famous Cole Slaw" because no one makes it like hers, not even Mr. Ron. Sorry, Mr. Ron.

And, finally, my friend Jon really likes Pumpkin Pie...I mentioned to him that my Mom-Mom makes them at least once every year, and will most likely be making some for Thanksgiving. His exact words were, "Steal me some! I'm serious." No need to steal! I'll just get her recipe and make it myself! He and my other buddy, (Jon's roomie) Tom, will just have to fight over it!!!!

No comments: