Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hurricane Schwartz and the OFA


I'm sure many of you have heard of the Old Farmer's Almanac. Every year, the big deal is their supposed forecast of the kind of winter we will have (temperature- and precipitation-wise). Just last week, I heard on the radio that this year's forecast said a bad winter for most of the U.S. and a lot of snow for the locations that usually see that type of precip. I've always taken their forecast with a grain of salt, and I look at it more for entertainment value. The best part of the OFA for me has always been the random bits of history and trivia (because I'm a nerd like that).

Anyway, Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz of the NBC10 Weather team in Philadelphia has recently posted his own blog about this, which I found interesting. It does well to debunk the myths of the OFA without slandering it. And, to my fellow Penn Staters, take note...Hurricane mentions his course work in Meteorology at Penn State...yep, he's a Nittany Lion too!

Jump to the article...

No comments: